Founded in 1891, the Multnomah Athletic Club is the oldest athletic club in North America and the largest athletic club in the world. Over the years, this club has gone through numerous architectural and mechanical system upgrades and retrofits. The club has three buildings, totaling 605,397sf.
Scope: Commissioned systems and equipment included:
- De-icing process system (6 pump stations with numerous pumps and controls)
- HVAC (13 air handlers, 5 exhaust fans, 3 heat exchangers, 6 unit heaters)
- Instrumentation and controls
- Electrical (6 automatic transfer switches, 1 generator, 12 transformers, 10 lighting panels, 4 motor control centers, 7 motor controllers, 13 power panels, 7 switchboards and panels, 2 UPS modules, and 12 VFDs)
- Communications and security
- Pollution control
NWESI also developed a database to track required and submitted documentation and test results for electrical, security, and CCTV systems.
Location: Portland, OR
Owner: Multnomah Athletic Club,
Client: Multnomah Athletic Club, and others